Epilogue: The Post-Credits Scene

"Despite everything, no one can dictate who you are to other people." - Prince

Wait, I thought you concluded your blog last week. I did. But I did have one portrait left from my photoshoot with Zachary, so I decided to tack on this "stinger", a post-credit scene, you see with most Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. Okay, what's up. Am I going to share any insights or lessons I gained from going through this journey? Am I going to announce my plans for another blog series or some other creative endeavor? Do I have some joke I wanted to get off my chest? Am I going to attach a scene of enjoying shawarma with my best friends like the stinger in The Avengers

As far as writing goes, I'm going to take a much needed break. The self-imposed commitment to write every week was very cathartic but I poured everything I had into this project. I'm spent and need to take some time to recharge and feel inspired again. I need to find my creative source now that I'm on antidepressants. Maybe I'll drop in with one-off blog here and there, maybe I'll figure out some other series to write about. What I do know is that I found a level of self-expression on this space that I didn't have in my everyday life. So I'll be back at some point. 

In the meantime, I'm committed to reading my best friend's memoir and writing the afterward. I intend to read more. I intend to sketch. I intend to go out on more hikes and beach walks. But most of all, I intend to choose love. It's as natural and fundamental to my existence as breathing. I will choose love even when it doesn't choose me back. Because it's the only reason I found to stay.


"Above all, I just want you to know how significant you are in case no other human in this cruel world tells you so. You do not have to be a symphony or a masterpiece to do good in this world. There is so much love to give and receive if only you allow your heart to be open. Stretch it out as wide as the horizon. Fill your soul with all the world's beauty as the tragic things in your eyes begin to crash down around you like ash.

Let nothing stop you. Not one damn thing.

So, I guess all that is left, that which was left in the beginning, is to love every single thing that surrounds you as if death was soon to come for us all." - Christopher Poindexter

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Side Character Energy: A Reluctant Protagonist

Chapter 29: Peak Experiences, Padma, and WTF Transcendence?